Taj Events is an events company which assists and consults her clients with organizing their events. The company mainly acts as an facilitator and mediator for her clients. Their core business consists of event management, concept design and marketing in which Taj Events aims to stimulate the interaction between the entertainment industry in The Netherlands and India. With this, Taj Events anticipates on the ever growing and mutual need of these two countries to collaborate by locating and optimizing opportunities, joining relevant parties and effectively communicating to the target group. Thanks to the extensive network of Taj Events in the entertainment industry of both countries and the knowledge of the market, the company is ‘the missing link’ which can, by joining both industries, create a new source of opportunities caused by the advantages of synergy and knowledge spill-over.
- The founders of Taj Events belong to the family that first brought Indian cinema to the theaters of The Netherlands and Belgium. With more than 300 movies released under their supervision and shown in the theaters by the current owners of Taj Events as the exclusive distributor, the company truly can be considered the founder of Indian cinema in The Netherlands.
- The founders of Taj Events also were the first to bring exclusive concerts of Indian artists to The Netherlands. Names like Lata Mangeshkar, Talat Mehmood, Kishore Kumar, Hemant Kumar, Asha Bhosle, R.D. Burman, Pankaj Udhas, Manna Dey and Anup Jalota are just a random pick out of the list of legendary artists brought to The Netherlands by this organization.
- In the past the organization assisted and facilitated different film producers who came to The Netherlands for film shootings (Silsila – 1980 and Hello Brother – 1990).
- Taj Events had a supportive role by the live concerts of Shahrukh Khan (Temptation Reloaded, 2008) and Adnan Sami (2008).
- Taj Events was the first organization in Europe to bring the legendary Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan to The Netherlands to give exclusive dance master classes (Project Dancing Diva, October 2009).
- Also in local events, Taj Events contributed relevantly, like the Miss India Holland Pageant 2009 and the three day event celebrating Indian culture in The Netherlands in collaboration with the Dutch Government (‘In de sporen van India’ - ‘Following the traces of India’).